All of our products are manufactured to the highest quality standards, but the process of packing and shipping can leave our feather & down items in need of a bit of TLC when they arrive.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your pillows and duvet as soon as you receive them.
- We advise leaving your natural fill pillows and duvets to air for a day or two, out of their packaging, when you first get them. As they are a natural product, they will have an odour, which can become concentrated during the packing and shipping process.
- After a day or two, you shouldn’t be able to smell anything much on the product, however if you have a particularly sensitive sense of smell, then pillow and duvet protectors can help with this. Protectors will also safeguard your pillows and duvets from accidental spills (morning coffee in bed?) and generally keep the items cleaner and fresher for longer.
- Before use, be sure to give the pillows a good plump and shake to distribute the fill (synthetic pillows too) and ensure the feathers haven’t become squashed in transit. For duvets, hold them at one end and give them a good shake, repeating the process on each side. It is recommended that you do this daily for pillows and perhaps weekly for duvets to ensure comfort night after night.
- You should keep the covers pulled back in the morning/during the day to air out your duvet. A build up of moisture between the covers and can make the natural odour of the product more pronounced. This will also help keep your bed fresher and cleaner.
- Many of our products are machine washable, but ensure you check the care labels sewn onto the pillow/duvet. Drying natural products at home can be difficult – products must be completely dry otherwise the filling can clump and start to smell. Using protectors can reduce the need for washing your pillows and duvets and keep them fresher for longer.